Wednesday, September 14, 2011

なぜ  にほんご?

I'm learning Japanese this year for multiple reasons. The main reason I am learning Japanese is because I once knew how to speak Japanese, although I spoke it very poorly. I studied the language in high school, and although I did eventually end up going to Japan, I spoke it not knowing why certain sentences were structured the way they were, and not retaining very much vocabulary.

Because of this, I ended up forgetting a lot of Japanese. I stopped using it, and forgot the majority of what I learned in high school. However, I still love Japan. I love anime, manga, video games (especially those games made by Japanese companies), and their food. I don't want to forget Japanese because I want to travel to Japan again.

So after 3 years of not speaking Japanese, I decided to take Japanese again. I am very excited to relearn the concepts I only sort of understood when I first learned Japanese. I have not been having a difficult time yet, but I found out that I forgot some of my ひらがな, which was unexpected. However, I am optimistic that this time around, I will learn Japanese well.

No comments:

Post a Comment