Sunday, September 25, 2011

おんがく

So, I couldn't help myself. I decided that since yesterday's post was on enka music, I would make occasional posts about two of my favorite music composers, both of whom happen to be Japanese. このcomposers がだいすきです!

The first composer I'm going to talk about is someone most people know, since I'm sure a great deal of people have heard his music before. He is Joe Hisaishi, or this guy right here ------------------>

Now, I first heard his music in a movie I watched when I was a にねんせい in high school. The movie was Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle, or はうるのうごくしろ. It was the first time I had watched anime.  

As a side note, I had never really been interested in anime until I had watched that movie. It was my first real experience with anime, and I ended up loving it afterwards. It still is my favorite Miyazaki movie to this date, but that's a different story altogether.

For now, I want to talk about the man who composed the music to this movie. The music is inspiring. かっこいです。It is unique, and words cannot begin to describe how great ひさいしさん's work is. I wish I knew more about composing music so that I could compose something as great as ひさいしさん。So, on that note, I leave you with this great piece from the movie. じゃまた


3 comments:

  1. Joeひさいしはすごいですね?He is a very awesome composer. But, HOW WAS HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE THE FIRST MIYAZAKI MOVIE YOU SAW??? もののけひま is where it's at, man. It's pretty sweet that he scored most of Miyazaki's movies, too. You may want to check out his Etude: A Wish to the Moon concert. It's nine cellos and him on piano playing all his classic songs. Pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy ひさいしさん's music as well. He is such a talented composer. My favorite of his works is in もののけいめ。 I actually purchased the entire soundtrack! This summer I attempted to learn his piano piece in Spirited Away, but of course I cannot compare. What is your favorite みやざき film?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite of his films would have to be もののけひめ also. It was a great film, and the main theme to that was also a great piece of music. I still like Howl's theme, and would say its my favorite theme, but もののけひめ is a better film in terms of plot and what not.

    ReplyDelete