Thursday, September 22, 2011

なぜ にほんご (Part 2)

So, because I wrote about why I decided to study Japanese here at Columbia, I've decided to give a better response to why I decided to study Japanese in the first place way back when I started high school.

I was originally interested in Japanese for one reason: my favorite movie was The Last Samurai at the time. I'm not gonna lie, so I'm gonna say that it is still one of my favorite movies today, despite what a lot of people say about it.

Admittedly though, I was also a huge gamer. I loved Nintendo games, I loved Sony (both their electronics and games), and I loved all new technology coming out in the world. I figured since most technology came from Japan, and because I liked Japanese history (mostly because of samurais), as well as everything I mentioned, I decided to learn Japanese. I hope this helps clarify why I wanted (and still want to) study Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment