Friday, December 9, 2011

More のぶおさん

This here is Final Fantasy's main theme. It was played in the original Final Fantasy. To give a bit of background story as to how のぶおさん first started making music for Square (the anime and video game company now know as Square Enix).


Back in the late 80's and early 90's, Square was sort of a failing video game company. Most of its games were not selling, and the company's founder decided he wanted to make one last game before shutting down the company. This is why his last game was titled "Final Fantasy," as it was supposed to be the company's last game. The founder of Square had worked with のぶおさん before, and was good friends with him also, so he asked him to make the music to his last game.



As it turned out, this game turned out to be a good game. It was a game that a lot of Japanese people loved (Fina Fantasy 1 didn't come to the US until much later), and the game became a success. のぶおさん's music was also really well liked, and he wrote the music for every Final Fantasy that came after that.

This is just something I found really cool, so I've shared the melody to the first three games above. Below, I'm adding the main theme of one of the most famous of all the Final Fantasies, Final Fantasy VII. Enjoy.






じゃ、また。

ミゲル

1 comment:

  1. This makes me happy!ヴィデオガムがすきです。Final Fantasy is one of my favorite series (I'm quite partial to IV and XII myself) and the music is one of the best parts.のぶおさん is a genius. FFIX is probably one of my favorite games in music-wise though. I adore Quina's Theme, and You're Not Alone is one of the most moving songs I've ever heard.

    I write for a video game site actually, and a lot of us geek out over both music and Final Fantasy. My friend wrote a review of the (certainly unique) soundtrack for XIII-2. http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/01/16/review-final-fantasy-xiii-2-soundtrack/

    ReplyDelete